These annoyances are related specifically to things I might try to fix via automation — ie. routine things that seem like they should be able to be handled by the computer.
My goal isn't just to whine about them. I want to clarify / organize the ideas, to try to refine exactly what steps might be possible to automate. As such, I expect to restructure/reframe this frequently.
- check if things are up-to-date
- git status -s
- git diff HEAD
- check if there's anything left in the stash
- go through all remote-tracked branches:
- check if the latest version is different from the remote version, for that branch
- why do you have to do a seemingly extraneous git fetch $remote after doing a git pull $remote? Things this updates:
- the local notion of what the remote branch version is
- any tags that have been updated