These are things I withheld from mentioning in the more public document.
- field hot2 and field top — These are what's used when you choose "sort by: hot" in the drop-down. However, it seems you can't query these.
- If you could access this numbers directly, you could do a binary search (using range queries) to figure out what the value of each was, fairly quickly.
- The exact error you get when you try this — search failed Our search machines are under too much load to handle your request right now. :(
- This is probably implemented in controllers/front.py > check_cheating("search") ⇒ search_fail()
- just in case the Cloudsearch setup HOWTO gets axed, here are mirrors —