I'm a filtering wonk. Fortunately, there are plenty of filtering extensions.
Extensions I use often
Extensions I should try out
The backend supports more complex combinations of search terms, however, there's no frontend for it.
- look for the file named "msgFilterRules.dat" in your home directory
- what's the friggin syntax?
- this is the diff that introduced the functionality and this is the bug that introduced it
- ohhhh.... "this patch does not include code for writing out the grouping attribute of a search term to disk. I'm not sure how we would represent that"
- ie. it's not possible to edit the msgFilterRules.dat by hand to include this functionality. It is NOT SERIALIZABLE, the feature only exists within the application runtime. (right now, anyway)
TODO: search more here