In 12.04 and later, Citrix Receiver doesn't play well with Unity. AT ALL. Even in fullscreen mode, Unity keeps wanting to grab focus. There are some possible fixes, but they don't do it for me completely. (internal note: what about this?)
One solution is to create a new session on Ctrl-Alt-8, run it under XFCE, and run Citrix there.
To do this:
- sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop
- switch to a CONSOLE (eg. Ctrl-Alt-F1)
- alternatively, do this, to change the permissions so any user can start an X display
- at the console, run:
startx xfce4-session -- :1 vt8 &
Other ways to run XFCE4 in Ctrl-Alt-F7, and Gnome/Unity in Ctrl-Alt-F8:
- etc /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf to allow multiple sessions
- just add this to /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf:
- (I think this works better when you create a separate user for VT7 and VT8, otherwise you get conflicts over the ~/.Xauthority file)
- This actually WORKS PRETTY GREAT.
- By default, sound works serially (whichever screen you're currently attached to). If you want to have it work on all screens in parallel: