document updated 24 days ago, on Jan 13, 2023
If your wood shop is actually inside a living space (apartment, home, etc), then dust collection is absolutely critical.
dust collection 101
- why dust collectors move a high volume of air at low pressure
- there are mobile "dust extractors" available that move high volume + low pressure, though they aren't cheap
- why masks are a good idea even when you have a dust collector
- people who tried to make the rigid-ducts-versus-flex-house decision, in a very small space 
- cyclone separators are totally optional, but many people find them helpful for reducing how often you have to clean your air filter
- I really like this design, it's much more mobile and portable than similar solutions. 
using a shop vac instead of a dust extractor
There are air filtration units designed specifically for wood shops.
random other opinions