document updated 26 days ago, on Feb 27, 2023
how to use Google Alerts
- google.com/alerts is a method for setting up custom alerts, based on what its web search engine finds
- If you want to see a notification AS SOON as it happens, set "How often = As-it-happens" and "How many = All results".
- official documentation
- Often I want to see these alerts on Android. Unfortunately, Google Alerts only sends out notifications via either email or RSS.
- ways to get Android notifications based on RSS:
- Svyatoslav Vasilev's RSS Reader
- Settings > Synchronization > Enable autoupdate, and set Update interval = 5 minutes
- It's nice that it has a read/unread system, with a "mark all as read" option.
See also — how to set up alerts in Feedly