document updated 13 years ago, on Jan 9, 2010
Articles that I've found pretty inspiring at the time, that encouraged me to explore some aspect of Perl much further. (items in blue = stuff you can/should use in production code, ie. non-Golf)
- [2010-Jan-8] Perl Golf 101
- [2010-Jan-8] Hidden Treasures of the Perl Code (parts
- holy fuck, you can last out of a loop OTHER than the innermost one? My gods, I've been doing long-winded workarounds the whole time, and I could have just been doing this??
- [2010-Jan-8] Perl One-Liners Explained, parts 1-4 — a lot of "basic intro to Golf" in there... good stuff!
- [2009-Dec] secret Perl operators — okay, only the Eskimo and the Goatse are really cool, but they're really cool.
- Goatse — =()= — evaluate expression in list context
- ? — ~~ — evaluate an expression in scalar context
- babycart operator