document updated 11 years ago, on Nov 3, 2011
Modules that are useful for debugging:
- MAXIMUM — things to use if you want to do your best to catch ALL error information
- Data::Dumper — The queen of [log-style] debugging tools. Everyone needs to know how to use this.
- Data::Dump::Streamer — Even better. In particular, it can dump anonymous subroutines with full lexical context (ie. closures).
- Dumpvalue — the code behind the Perl debugger's 'x' command
- Devel::Comments — easier alternative to un/recommenting debugging statements as you go
- change to manual-debugger-mode if an error is hit
- debugging CGI scripts
- a bunch of different 'trace' modules
- several full-fledged debuggers