document updated 9 months ago, on Jun 12, 2022
It can sometimes be difficult to locate the various wrecks (without resorting to using the console, anyway).
One way to find them is to set up a scanner room and search for nearby data boxes and fragments.
Another way is to look at various reference material online:
- pretty good list at the wiki
- help you know what you'll find at each wreck
- provides some decent photos
- given (x, y, z) coordinates, the y coordinate is actually the depth in meters
- the main Subnautica map
- Shows the full coordinates, if you click on each wreck's detail. This can be used to match up data from the wiki.
- various YouTube videos
- these always show the current depth of the player
- provides very good visual information of the wreck and of where the entrances are
- sometimes provides good information about the approach, especially if you need specific landmarks to guide you there
- specific videos: