document updated 7 years ago, on Mar 20, 2015
Transportation plans are:
- fly into Phoenix (~$200 round trip)
- take a Greyhound bus to Flagstaff ($15 each way)
- take Arizona Shuttle to Tusayan or the South Rim ($28 each way)
- TODO: how do we get from Tusayan to the South Rim? What's the cost?
- TODO: figure out how much time the whole trip would take, from Phoenix to Tusayan. If it's too long, I may just punt and get a car rental.
- take the free park shuttle or bicycle rental along the South Rim
- We agreed to rent a car. So find out whether to rent a car in Phoenix or in Flagstaff, and then figure out what the cost would be.
- South Rim elevation is 7000 ft. Get a prescription for Acetazolamide (Diamox). Also finish tweaking / repairing my CPAP machine.