document updated 7 years ago, on Apr 23, 2015
- when — though the Grand Canyon is typically thought of as very hot, it actually drops to 35-55°F in the Inner Gorge in winter 
- airports — fly into Las Vegas, Flagstaff, or Phoenix
- transportation to the site
- transportation within the site
- campgrounds with electrical hookups?
- places to rent bicycles
- park info
- it's $12 per pedestrian for 7 day pass into park, or $25 per car for day pass
- guide services / supply shops / rental shops — hiking, climbing, camping, etc
- Tusayan, AZ (pop. 550)
- Williams, AZ (pop. 3000)
- further away
- guide services / supply shops / rental shops — rafting
Advice: Get some titanium tent stakes, so you can pitch your tent even if the ground is frozen.