I have a situation where a browser is constantly shared between different people. We don't want passwords remembered or logins to persist. However, this isn't a situation where it's appropriate to put the entire computer in lockdown (kiosk mode, Deep Freeze, Steady State, etc) — we have enough trust here, so that isn't necessary.
Browsers have incognito mode though. Can't you make incognito mode work ALL THE TIME? Yes you can:
- Settings > Advanced settings > Content settings > Cookes > Keep local data only until you quit your browser
- Settings > People > Enable Guest Browsing
- Settings > Advanced settings > Passwords and forms
- disable "Enable Autofill"
- disable "Offer to save your web passwords"
- click on the "manage" link for both "Autofill" and "web passwords", and clear out any existing entries